Sunday School 9:15 AM - Classes for all ages
September 1st we will return to our regular schedule of Sunday School for all ages beginning at 9:15 am. (See Sunday School page for the details)
2100 S 2nd St
Lebanon, OR 97355
Phone: 541-258-5789 Fax: 541-451-5958
I Corinthians 13: 4-8a, 13
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three and the greatest of these is love.
See list below for the items to collect for the annual school kits that are distributed around the world by Mennonite Central Committee. Please have items to the church by the first of October. Thank-you
Staying together in a culture that is trying to pull marriages apart requires two things:
- A marriage rooted in Christ. The Marriage in Christ seminar offers practical suggestions for ways to keep Christ, and life with him, the ongoing center of our marriage.
- A deep and growing friendship with our spouse. The Marriage in Christ seminar offers simple, enjoyable, and practical suggestions for ways to renew and deepen our love and friendship as husband and wife, which is the very fabric of marriage.
The Marriage in Christ seminar consists of:
- Watch a 20-minute episode presenting each week's topic
- Meet in small groups for discussion (men with men, women with women)
- Meet alone as a couple for private conversation
- Participate in a prayer service during which we invite couples to make Christ the center of their marriage and invite the Holy Spirit to fill their marriage with his presence and power. This prayer service is one of the highlights of the seminar.
At Home: 20 minutes a day of PTA:
This time that you spend with your spouse at home is the real heart of the Marriage in Christ seminar. The easy-to-use manual will guide you each day to:
- Pray: prayer as a couple; Talk: conversation starters; and Act: practical acts of love.
- Week One: God First, Our Spouse Second; Episode 1: Take a Number
- Week Two: Love, Sin, Forgiveness, and Hope; Episode 2: Love and Sin
- Week Three: The Role of the Holy Spirit in Marriage; Episode 3: The Holy Spirit
- Week Four: Love and Friendship; Episode 4: The Three Loves
- Commitment of our marriage to Christ and prayer for the Holy Spirit in our marriage
- Week Five: Ordinary Life in Christ; Episode 5: Ordinary Life in Christ
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is for all married couples. It will help to strengthen your marriage—whether newly married or married for 1 or 50 years!
If we know we are going to miss one of the weeks, can we still attend?
Yes, we can make arrangements for you to view the transcript. You can do the couple’s discussion questions on your own.
What is the cost and what can we do if we would like to attend, but can’t afford the whole fee? Cost per couple is $85.00, married six years or less, $125.00/couple, married more than six years.
Have financial assistance questions? Contact Pastoral Care./Pastor Brent.
Is child care available? Yes
For more information on this Seminar, contact: Pastoral Care./Pastor Brent.
For more information about Marriage in Christ, visit www.marriageinchrist.com